May 9, 2011

Your Song of Victory

1 I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. 2 I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High. 3 My enemies turn back; they stumble and perish before you. 4 For you have upheld my right and my cause; you have sat on your throne, judging righteously. 5 You have rebuked the nations and destroyed the wicked; you have blotted out their name for ever and ever. 6 Endless ruin has overtaken the enemy, you have uprooted their cities; even the memory of them has perished. -Psalm 9:1-6

            Psalm 9 is a great victory psalm. Notice the universals in verse 1- "ALL my heart" and "ALL Your wonders". I must confess that there are times when I don't praise the Lord with my whole heart. At times i've stood in church with the hymnbook in my hand, singing a great song of praise--but not with my whole heart. THE BEST WAY TO HAVE VICTORY IS TO PRAISE THE LORD WHOLEHEARTEDLY.




            Granted there are times when it's hard to praise Him. Think of Paul and Silas (Acts 16:16-34). They had been humiliated. Their rights had been stripped away from them. Their bodies were hurting. Yet thay were wholeheartedly praising the Lord. God can heal your broken heart if you give Him ALL THE PIECES.  He'll put it back together again and give you wholehearted praise. 

           Don't praise God ony about circumstances; praise Him for who He is. Verse 2 says: "I will be glad and rejoice in You". Maybe you can't rejoice in your circumstances or in the way you feel. Maybe you can't even rejoice in the plans that are made for today, but you always can rejoice in the Lord. (Phil. 4:4). You can rejoice in the Lord today because HE IS WORTHY of your praise. (v.2)

          If your life is broken right now, be encouraged that God knows what is going on in your life and will restore you. Until He does, rejoice in Him and praise His name. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you...

Template by:

Free Blog Templates