Nowadays, almost everything becomes viral. The Filipinos way of communication has really evolved over the years: from simple SMS messaging to mobile chat apps. Let's admit it, video has become part of the vocabulary of mobile phone users, so video messaging is just the next logical step in this evolution. Wedding proposal videos, dubsmash, celebrations, are just some of the things that really occupy my newsfeed. Haha. That's why I realized that a video sharing app is something that is really needed today by users.
Luckily, we now have the Skype Qik!
Skype Qik (pronounced as 'quick') is a quick video messaging/communication app that allows you to exchange instant and quick video messages for free. It enables you to capture videos that are up to 40 seconds long, and and send them to group of friends.
It's very user-friendly! So what can we do with Qik?
• Create groups in a flash: grab a bunch of friends from your phone's address book and start a private chat. Enjoy watching your chat movie grow as more people respond.
• Keep it fresh—messages are automatically erased from Qik after two weeks.
• Pre-record up to 12 short videos and send video clips (Qik Fliks) or when you want to respond, fast. Just drop your Qik Fliks into the chat any time for a more personal smiley.
• Erase your message and it disappears from the conversation - they’ll be removed from everyone else’s phone too.
• Start a conversation any time—no login, usernames, or passwords needed.
Skype Qik is really a good news to me and my partner. We'll be able to share quick videos of our adventure and share it with our friends. I can also share funny and exciting moments to my relatives abroad for free because of this new app. Isn't that amazing?
What are you waiting for? Start using it now! Qik or it didn't Happen!
Download Skype Qik via:
Windows Phone: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/skype-qik/e145af3f-2aab-4e78-8699-ce948e26d27f