January 29, 2011

A Proud Sister

Being a sister of 5 siblings who were not all raised by a mother is a hard task, yet very exciting. Since our mother is not living with us, we have to assume all her responsibilities. From preparing our breakfast up to telling stories to our younger siblings before going to bed.

Now, I have to be more responsible. I know there will be times when I will be tempted to give up. But God always reminds me that He is my Strength and He is source of Joyfulness.

This afternoon, my youngest sibling went home from school with a happy face, bearing the feeling of excitement to share what has happened in her class. Her name is Blessie Marian Reign. She is just 6 years old. You can really see how happy she was when she told me about their Spelling Contest. She got the 1st place!



I'm really proud of her because she is a type of kid who does not want to engage with those kind of school activities, but then she stepped forward to conquer her fear of rejection. As an act of appreciation, I treated her in a fast-food chain and let her pick anything she want.

When I was a kid, I also won in several competitions and I remember, my mother always bring me to restaurants to celebrate it. What I want to say is that, I also want them to feel what I felt when I was like them. I don't want them to feel the pain of this world. I just want them to enjoy their childhood.

I am very much thankful to God for giving me this little angel to make me forget the hurtful moments because of her sweetness and gentleness. Also, I am grateful that God is making a way to reach this young girl and enlist in His family. She, together with our siblings, is attending the Sunday School class at SBC-Makati. I am very excited for the plans God prepared for her. Again, to baby Blessie, ate is very proud of you. I love you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you...

Template by:

Free Blog Templates