April 4, 2011

My "personalized" Romans 6

 Yesterday, our Pastor challenged us to personalize a chapter in the Bible and make it our personal Prayer. I am really touched by this chapter so I decided to share it to you. I am working on memorizing this so that I will never forget how God saved me from death and gave me a new and wonderful life.

Romans  6:1-14
Sin's Power Is Broken

Well then, should I keep on sinning so that God can show me more and more of His wonderful grace? 2 Of course not! Since I have died to sin, how can I continue to live in it? 3 Or have I forgotten that when I was joined with Christ Jesus in baptism, I joined Him in His death? 4 For I died and was buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now I may also live a new life.

5 Since I have been united with Him in His death, I will also be raised to life as He was. 6 I know that my old sinful self was crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in my life. I am no longer slave to sin. 7 For when I died with Christ, I was set free from the power of sin. 8 And since I died with Christ, I know I will also live with Him. 9 I am sure of this because Christ was raised from the dead, and He will never die again. Death no longer has any power over Him.10 When He died, He died once to break the power of sin. But now that He lives, He lives for the glory of God. 11 So I should also consider myself to be dead to the power of sin and alive to God through Christ Jesus.

12 I will not let sin control the way I live;* I will not give in to sinful desires. 13 I will not let any part of my body become an instrument of evil to serve sin. Instead, I will give myself completely to God, for I was dead, but now I have new life. So I will use my whole body as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God. 14 Sin is no longer my master, for I no longer live under the requirements of the law. Instead, I live under the freedom of God's grace.               

15 Well then, since God's grace has set me free from the law, does that mean I can go on sinning? Of course not!16 Don't I realize that I become the slave of whatever I choose to obey? I can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or I can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living. 17 Thank God! Once, I was slave of sin, but now, I wholeheartedly obey this teaching they have given me. 18 Now, I arm free from my slavery to sin, and I have become slave to righteous living.

19 Because of the weakness of my human nature, Apostle Paul is using the illustration of slavery to help me understand all this. Previously, I let myself be slave to impurity and lawlessness, which led ever deeper into sin. Now I must give myself to be a slave to righteous living so that I will become holy.

20 When I was a slave to sin, I was free from the obligation to do right. 21 And what was the result? I am now ashamed of the things I used to do, things that end in eternal doom. 22 But now I am free from the power of sin and have become a slave of God. Now I do those things that lead to holiness and result in eternal life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.


Lord Jesus, You said in your Word that You are faithful to lead us on, to complete us. Lord Jesus, I'm praying that You will give me strength to overcome all temptations in my life. Oh God, give me a heart that is pure and teach me Oh Lord to deny my flesh so that I can completely follow You, Oh God. Jesus Christ, I will never stop thanking, praising and worshipping You for You have saved me when I was in darkness. I am able to love You because You loved me first. In Jesus name, I pray all these things. Amen. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you...

Template by:

Free Blog Templates