December 1, 2012

Buzzwords That You Might Encounter


Maybe there came a time when you were in the middle of a conversation, then suddenly you heard an unfamiliar word. You said to your self "Oh no! It's as if I was born yesterday!". But then you were left N.R. (No Reaction). :)

I have experienced that. I was just thankful at that moment because I have my internet connection at that time so I searched it on Google. :) HAHA!

I can't blame them. We are in a new era. New words are coming out. These are such words that you may have encountered over the net, chats, and other similar situations but you remain clueless after consulting Mr. Webster. These are called buzzwords.



From the Free Dictionary, Buzzword is:



1. A word or phrase connected with a specialized field or group that usually sounds important or technical and is used primarily to impress laypersons
2. A stylish or trendy word or phrase.

So, to give you some commonly used buzzwords, below is a list of them so that you may find yourself in a witty discussion. :)

1. RECYCLOPATH

Origin: recycle + psychopath
Definition: This word is used to describe someone who is so into recycling that he or she doesn't want to throw away anything he or she owns.
Usage: Our room is almost starting to look like a junk shop because of my sister who's a recyclopath.

2. MONITOR SHOPPING


Origin: a play on the term "window shopping"
Definition: The act of browsing through online shopping sites without buying anything. It's window shopping minus the walking around the mall. :)
Usage: Since I don;t have my paycheck yet, I have no choice but to do some monitor shopping for now.

3. LUST-HAVE


Origin: lust + must-have
Definition: Refers to "to-die-for" items which you have been wanting to buy.
Usage: The latest iPhone is a total lust-have.


4. FOODOPHILE

Origin: food + suffix -phile, which means love
Definition: This is a new term for food enthusiasts. You will often see a foodophile anywhere from gourmet restaurants to weekend food markets.
Usage: I'll spend all my Christmas bonus just by trying a lot of good restaurants. I am a certified foodophile!

5. TWYPO

Origin: Twitter + typo (short for typographical error)
Definition: If you mistyped a word or made an accidental grammatical mistake while tweeting.
Usage: Sorry for the twypo in my last tweet.

source: http://www.simplypochi.com/family/latest-buzzwords-you-ought-to-know/

3 comments:

Franc Ramon said...

Thanks I learned 5 new buzzword. I'm looking forward to reading more buzzword from your posts.

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing this.. at least once I heard these 5 words i know already what it mean

The Mommy Roves said...

ooh cool buzzwords! i love that Monitor Shopping is being used now as there are a number of people (myself included) who loves monitor shopping because of the numerous online shops existing now :D

Rovie,

The Bargain Doll

:)

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you...

Template by:

Free Blog Templates