December 6, 2012

Why Do We Need to Pray?


“Kiddo, pray before you sleep.” Maybe you have heard your mom or dad say these words to you. I was not exempted to that. J
Even as young as 2 years old, my parents and other relatives have taught me to pray. Before, I thought prayer was only done during sleeping time. But of course, when I grew up, my misconception about prayer has changed.

Pastor Rey Calingasan of Church of God- Makati delivered his sermon to us a few months ago, and he discussed about PRAYER.

In 1 Thessalonians 5:17, we can see there one of the shortest commands of God and that is, “Pray continually”. I love how this verse was translated in different versions. Take a look at this:
  • Pray continually. New International Version (NIV)
  • Never stop praying. New Living Translation (NLT)
  • Pray without ceasing. New King James Version (NKJV)
  • Pray at all times. Today’s English Version (TEV)

If there is one verse about prayer that really rebukes me, it’s Matthew 26:41
"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak." (NIV)

Then I thought to myself, why do I need to pray? Why do WE need to pray?
Prayer is a way of communicating to God. Through prayer, in Jesus’ Name, we can talk to God 24/7. It is UNLIMITED, and we can directly talk to Him through His Son, without calling any saints or whatsoever, as what is stated in 1 Timothy 2:5
“For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.”

WHY DO WE NEED TO PRAY?
1. Because we have the God who answers our prayers (Yes, No, Wait)
2. Because there is an enemy who tempts us to fall into sin and be away from God
3. Because prayer connects us to the resources of God
4. Because prayer empowers and strengthens us – No Prayer, No Power!
5. Because prayer is our spiritual breath – It is our life.

PRAY. It’s free. You don’t have to pay just to communicate to God. J God bless.

2 comments:

ralph said...

prayer is the most powerful tool the Lord had given us... it's free, easy to use... Yahweh bless.

Alvin Ferrer said...

"Because prayer empowers and strengthens us – No Prayer, No Power!" Okay, quoted. :D

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you...

Template by:

Free Blog Templates