January 8, 2015

Radical Obedience - The Right Step

Be careful what you do, and always do what is right (Proverbs 4:26, NCV).

Obedience puts us on solid ground.

God does not ask us for a season of obedience. He wants a lifestyle of obedience.

Will Rogers once said, “Live your life in such a way, that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip.”

King Solomon said it this way in Proverbs 3:6-7: “Remember the Lord in all you do, and He will give you success. Don't depend on your own wisdom. Respect the LORD and refuse to do wrong.”

Obedience is remembering and choosing God in everything we do, choosing to walk in His steps, and following the path He has set for us.

Obedience calls us to live like citizens of a future world, guarding each step to make sure it matches the step of God. Not out of fear - but out of love. Not because man observes and keeps score, but because God sees you through eyes of love, and because we want to please Him.

Peter 1:14 (NLT) “Obey God because you are His children. Don't slip back into your old ways of doing evil; you didn't know any better then.”

We cannot come to Christ and keep responding to the world in the same way. When we truly encounter the living God, our behavior will change along with our perspective, our standards, our motives – everything.

Paul says that when we come to Christ, we become “a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Corinthians 5:17, NIV). This holy discipline sounds like an impossible and overwhelming command. It is – unless it is fueled by the power of God in and through us.          

God has already been where He wants us to go. All we have to do is look for Him, watch His steps and follow them – right across the finish line. Discipline your steps, making sure that they match His.

Let’s Pray.

Father, I want to obey You. Forgive me when I let fear keep me from walking in Your steps or when I listen for the voice of others instead of Yours. Give me a hunger and thirst for Your Word. Help me grow up in You and become a mature believer whose life illustrates a radical obedience to God.

In Jesus’ name,

Amen.

1 comments:

Mommy Maye said...

Amen sis. Thank you for this great reminder about obedience. I always remind myself that no matter what situation I will be in, I will do my best to do what is right.

Mommy Maye2
http://www.ourfamilyblogsabout.info

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you...

Template by:

Free Blog Templates