October 15, 2011

HEART


Maybe you've come to a point wherein you sought advice from your friends about some "love life thing", and all they said was "FOLLOW YOUR HEART".



I must admit. I, myself, experienced that scenario before. I, being the “inferior” type in the group, tried to follow my heart, as what they have recommended. You know what happened?

I found myself losing my purity, emotionally and spiritually..


After everything that has happened in my life, I am really praising GOD that He let me realize some of the most important things I should always keep in mind.



About our HEART:

The Bible warns us that our heart can lead us in wrong, even DEADLY directions.


Our hearts lie.

Something can “feel” right and be completely wrong.

As what Jeremiah 17:9 says, “The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?"

We need to constantly evaluate the purity of our hearts in Prayer. We can always ask GOD to reveal the things that contaminate us, our hearts, our whole being. And as GOD reveals our wrong attitudes, longings, and desires, we MUST remove them from our hearts.


Of course, I’m not exempted in this. But, my only hope is that my Father in Heaven is FAITHFUL to complete me.

Yes, there are temptations. I cannot deny them. That’s why I’m really praying that GOD would continue to help me guard my heart. I know there is really One who is in control of all the unknowns. We can trust him to lead us through it and protect our hearts in the process.


Let me end with this:


 

 The world takes us to a silver screen on which flickering images of passion and romance play. As we watch, the world says, “This is love”.



GOD takes us to a foot of a tree on which a naked and bloodied man hangs and says, “THIS IS LOVE”. 


1 comments:

Algene said...

I agree on this. Our prayers must be always pure. :) And most, we must make sure that we have a heart that is pure love so when we make decisions, we get the best.

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you...

Template by:

Free Blog Templates